Tuesday 5 June 2012

Now What?

Now what? I have finished making a list of things to do before I die, but how will I accomplish at least one of these tasks on my list?

This summer will be the perfect time to tackle task number sixty.
  • # 60. Design my own dress (that includes sewing).
I will start off by researching information on sewing. I have done this once before, when I tried sewing a dress pattern off the internet. When I feel like I have gained enough knowledge I will draw out patterns and dress sketches.  From there, I will take a trip to fabricland to buy meters of my favorite fabric.  If I need a zipper, thread, or buttons I will pick some up too. Back at home, I will pull out my mother’s sewing machine and set it up with the correct threads, and devices set right. I will have my patterns cut out and will work on the hems. After the hems are sewn, I will sew my pattern pieces together which will leave me with my final product. Hopefully by this point, I am still happy with the outcome and the dress will be up to my standards. If it is up to my standards I will feel comfortable wearing it in public! If I wear my dress in public I will consider it checked off of my bucket list!

Some things off my list, I will need to save money to accomplish. For example own a Macbook or visit Greece with my best friend Catie. Other tasks will be much simpler and cheaper to accomplish. For example ride a tandem bicycle or kiss someone in the rain. I plan on keeping my bucket list, because someday I will like to look back on this list to make sure I accomplished most of the tasks.

No comments:

Post a Comment