Tuesday 5 June 2012

Authors Note

Eighteen and graduating high school is a time period where life decisions are to be made. People always ask me, what are your plans after high school? My answer is always no idea. One of my co-workers did suggest saying McDonald’s cashier, so that when I get an employment much more impressive, people will not judge.

In my second term of my grade twelve year, I took a Creative Writing Class to improve my English writing skills. In that class we were introduced to the concept of The Buried Life, where four Canadian boys took upon themselves to accomplish a list of things they wanted to do before they died. We were than given the task to create our own bucket list. Of course, I added non original tasks, like skydiving and visiting popular world locations. When I started concentrating I was able to write tasks that were more or less accomplishable without being super rich. For example get married and volunteer at a homeless shelter.

Will I ever accomplish everything on this list? Most likely no, but only time will tell. My goal in years to come is to accomplish as much as I can.  I want to feel like I dreamed and lived my life to its fullest. This project has helped me to somewhat create a path of what comes after high school. For example, graduate university, live in a house in the country, have kids, own a jeep and a St. Bernard.

So my advice to you, “when life gives you lemons make lemonade,” because living your life to its fullest is everyone’s goal, if they believe it or not.

So I conclude with: what do you want to do before you die?
-Breanne

No comments:

Post a Comment